We understand the importance of your privacy and treat personal information that you provide with respect and compliance with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
When using this website or by ordering with us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of personal information
We collect information necessary for us to process your orders, register you for an account, loyalty program, process your employment application or provide you with other services or assistance you have requested and we will do so by lawful and fair means. Such information can be collected on our website, via electronic mail, by telephone, in person or via linked social networking websites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and other lawful means.
Sometimes, we may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or our marketing agencies. If we do so, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant Australian laws.
Information that we collect among other data includes your name, surname, telephone number, address, email, date of birth, age, menu preferences, comments, feedback, reviews and any other information that you provide for us to complete the services you requested. If you are applying for employment we additionally collect all information regarding your current and previous working experience, education, interests, skills, employment preferences, references, eligibility to work in Australia and other information.
How you personal information is stored
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not totally secure.
Although we strive and take precautions to ensure the protection of your information, we cannot warrant the security of your data transmitted to our online services, so you transmit information at your own risk.
How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information to provide you with the services and products which include, among other things:
- Process your orders,
- Provide you with SMS or/and Email confirmation of your order,
- Allow you to register and participate in our Loyalty Program, promotions, contests, questionnaires, surveys,
- Provide you with the assistance, products, and/or services you have requested,
- Process and review you employment application,
- Analysing our website statistics,
- Store the information for your next orders,
- Sending you offers and promotions about our services and products,
- Conducting marketing research about our services and products,
- Contact you regarding your order progress, including cancellation, being ready for pick up, unavailability, refund,
- Requesting your feedback about our products and services.
Credit Card details
Sushi Planet does not store your credit card details when you use a credit card to pay for your order at our restaurant, upon delivery or online, where all payments are handled by a secure third party payment gateway and mobile terminals of Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
Only partial credit card details are stored in receipts and bank transactions history: name on the card, expiry date and the last 6 digits of your card.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
The information we collect from you we may disclose:
- to related entities: companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the purpose for which the personal information is collected,
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted,
- to relevant food safety authorities and health authorities for the purpose of investigating a food safety or health issue,
- to government departments, where the law requires or authorises us to do so,
- if you place an order on our website and decide to pay online for your order, your details will be processed directly or through the API of a third party payment gateway (Commonwealth Bank of Australia),
- if you place an order on our website, your mobile phone number will be provided via API service to a third party SMS gateway (twilio.com), so you can receive an sms with verification code necessary to verify your mobile number and confirm the order,
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you,
- if your personal information was collected in connection with or by a third party, such as promoters, social networks, or other lawful means,
- with your consent (express or implied) to others.
If you have applied for employment, we may disclose your information to:
- law enforcement agencies to verify if you have a criminal record,
- educational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications,
- recruitment agencies or agents acting on our behalf,
- referees or previous employers,
When we collect information from you, you may be asked to subscribe to receive Sushi Planet updates, news, offers and promotions. At any moment you will be able to unsubscribe by clicking the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of any Sushi Planet email.
Links to other websites
If you wish to make a query, send us a question or complaint about how we handle your personal information or a breach of the Australian Privacy principles, please contact us.